Costa Calma Beach (Fuerteventura)
Costa Calma Beach
Costa Calma Beach is a sandy beach located in front of the resort hotels of Costa Calma. The spot offers a variety of windsurfing conditions, especially suitable for beginners in the morning and for intermediates and free ride sailors during the day.
There is no kitesurfing allowed in the bay. See Matas Bay for kitesurfing near Costa Calma.
The wind blows cross-offshore from the left and is a little bit gusty for the first 100 meters as a result of the hotel buildings. There is a sandy 40 m entrance reserved for windsurfers, just in front of the ION club windsurf centre. Beside this entrance, and particularly for the first 20 meters or so there are a lot of swimmers.
During summer the wind can easily pick up to 30 knots, but at the beach most of the time the conditions are suitable for beginners and intermediate windsurfers thanks to wind protection by the hotels, particularly in the mornings when the winds are lighter. At low tide you can easily stand for the first 30 meters, and at high tide it gets deep after the first 10 meters. Some days there is a small and harmless beach break.
Best Suited To
- Beginners and improvers in the mornings
- Intermediate and advanced freeriders in the afternoons
- It can get very windy, and the wind is cross offshore.
- Advanced windsurfers need to be about 100m away from the shore to find more consistent wind
- The Matas Bay watersports centre caters to both kitesurfers and windsurfers. It is located towards the southern end of the 400m long sandy Matas Bay. The centre is about a five minute walk from the R2 Rio Calma beach resort. Rental Gear The centre has the latest equipment from Tabou Boards and Gaastra and Point 7 Sails to rent. There Read more...
- ION Club Windsurfing Centre The ION Club Costa Calma windsurfing centre is located directly in the middle of the large sandy beach of Costa Calma, in front of the Hotel Monica Beach. It is a short walk from a number of hotels. Rental Equipment The ION Club has the latest equipment from Fanatic Boards and North/Duotone Sails to rent. There Read more...
- The Matas Bay watersports centre caters to both kitesurfers and windsurfers. It is located towards the southern end of the 400m long sandy Matas Bay. The centre is about a five minute walk from the R2 Rio Calma beach resort. Equipment Rentals The centre has the latest equipment from twin tip Nobile Boards and Airush kites to rent. Lessons The Read more...
Costa Calma Accommodation
Costa Calm has plenty of accommodation, and is also a location favoured by the European package holiday companies. One of the key attractions of a watersports holiday in Costa Calma is the close proximity of some of the hotels to the watersports centres.
- Sol Beach House is a brand new complex in 2019 offering a variety of studio-style rooms for 1 – 3 guests. The hotel is located right next door to the Melia Fuerteventura and has direct beach access. Rooms have satellite TV, terrace and private bathrooms. The hotel has an outdoor pool and guests have access to all of the facilities Read more...
- Melia Fuerteventura is located absolute beachfront on Sotavento Beach so it is ideally located within walking distance to kite & windsurfing zones. The hotel is family friendly and offers single, twin & double hotel rooms as well as family rooms for up to 2 adults plus 3 children. All rooms are air-conditioned and have a private balcony. There is a Read more...
- This hotel is located right on Costa Calma beach with spectacular views. Rooms cater for 1 – 3 guests and vary from twin/double and a variety of suites with separate sitting areas right up to a presidential suite. All rooms have private bathroom facilities; some with a bath. All rooms have a balcony or terrace and some rooms have ocean Read more...
- The SBH Fuerteventura Playa Hotel is located right in the beach in Costa Calma and only 300 m from the main shopping area. This family friendly hotel offers twin, double and triple rooms all with private bathrooms complete with a bathtub. Rooms have a terrace/balcony and a seating/tv area. The hotel represents good value as all meals and selected beverages Read more...
- Star Rating:
Bahai Calma Beach offers studio, 1 & 2 bedroom bungalows & apartments catering for 2 – 5 guests. They are ideally located only 200m from the beaches of Costa Calma. All apartments are self-cater and have dining and living areas with seating & television The complex has 2 swimming pools and a terrace ideal for lounging around on those lazy Read more...
ION Club have a windsurfing centre onn the beach offerring rentals and lessons for all levels. There is also a nice restaurant/bar on the beach just a few steps away from the centre.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Flat Water Blasting
- Bump and Jump
- Entry-Level Wave Sailing
- Flat Water
- Small Waves
- Warm Water
- Salt Water
- Easy Launching
- Public Toilets
If you have any feedback or would like to contribute some additional information or pictures about this spot please contact us here>>