One Eye, Le Morne (Mauritius)
One Eye is the end of the wave and is considered to be one of the best left hand point breaks in the world. The wave can be fast, and breaks onto a shallow reef. It ends in a narrow strong current pass that will suck out any passing object or persons. It should be reserved for the very best wave kiters & windsurfers only, especially when the conditions are big. The wind is cross offshore from the right when riding the wave.ABILITIES:
This place is for expert windsurfers & kiters onlyLAUNCHING:
Launch from Main Beach / point area where there are nice sandy beaches and virtually no shore break
There is no shortage of places to rent equipment & get a lesson in the Le Morne area whether you are a complete novice or expert there is something for everyone....
- The ION Club windsurfing Centre is located on the grounds of the Riu Creole hotel. The centre is located at the left of the Main Beach, near the corner leading to the Kitesurfing lagoon. The club is stocked with Fanatic boards and North sails. The club has mainly wave, freestyle and freemove boards, ranging from 76 litres to 120, with Read more...
- Mauritius is a dream destination for all windsurfers. The unique spot of Le Morne delivers perfect conditions for teaching beginners and intermediates in the shallow lagoon, for cruising and freestyling at the point and for waveriding from entry to expert at different reefbreaks like Manawa, Small Reef and Oneeye. SION runs the latest 2016 gear from Hawaiian based brands Quatro Read more...
- No.1 ranked Kite-school on Tripadvisor in Mauritius! You’ll find professional solutions for excellent holidays: Qualified, professional, experienced. Air Switch provides the latest equipment from one of the world’s leading brands: CORE KITEBOARDING. Huge lagoons – with the best shallow water and an extraordinary panorama, are located directly in front of the impressive mountain and world cultural heritage site “Le Brabant”. Read more...
- Hang Loose Tours offer kitesurfing tuition for first-timers, families, kids, freestyle & waves. Learn to kite surf in paradise with Hang Loose Tours Mauritius! We believe that challenging yourself through sport makes you feel free and happy. We are offering all different kind of lessons formats depending on your level and your personal preference. Our instructors are all IKO certified Read more...
- The centre has various boards, and kite sizes ranging from 5.0m² – 17m² Harnesses, wetsuits, booties and helmets can also be hired, but can have limited availability. Renting your equipment from the centre will also cover you for rescue should you need it. If the centre manager considers the conditions to be too dangerous then the centre is shut down Read more...
- Established experience under the name of Kitebreak and now pebreanded into the project Kite Camp Mauritius gives you unique opportunity to explore Mauritian Island from all its aspects, sport, leisure and beauty! We offer you all in one packages or individual programmes. Luxury and low sector accommodation, cars for rent at your choice, kite lessons from free beginner’s courses to Read more...
- Our kitesurfing services are adapted to both your level and goals : You don’t know anything about wind or riding : no worries ! Our experienced and qualified instructors lead you lesson after lesson to make you learn this sport You have already had kitsurfing lessons and you want to go on increasing your skills : we evaluate your level Read more...
- Le Morne Kite School is based in the south western point of Mauritius, on the exceptional spot of Le Morne Brabant. Here you will find different kite spots to meet every kiteboarders needs. Kite Lagoon is located 10minutes from La Gaulette and is within 5minutes of the following hotels Paradis Hotel and Golf Club – 5min by car / 25min Read more...
- DISCOVERY COURSE Discover the world of kitesurfing. Short theory and introduction to equipment and safety systems followed by fun of flying a kite. You will learn all the basic kite flying techniques and experience the power of kite while body-surfing on your own in safe conditions. 5000 MUR for 2 hours. Group up to 3 persons. Equipment included. BEGINNERS COURSE Read more...
- Yoaneye kite school is located on the Morne peninsula in the south west of the island. The Morne site is a beautiful spot to learn and practice this extreme sport. This spot reunites perfect conditions, from the wind, the warm shallow turquoise bleu water, sunshine all year round and the nice waves. This Spot is absolute perfection, the sportsman’s Paradis, Read more...
Le Morne Accommodation
There are a number of all inclusive resorts in Le Morne, which although not cheap, are located extremely close to the windsurfing and kitesurfing centres and launch areas. They all have beachside locations.
Those that want to save money can stay in the pensions that are fairly close by. They are used to catering to windsurfers, surfers and kiters.
La Gaulette is one such place. This is a sleepy fishing village that is ten minutes' drive from Le Morne and has cheaper accommodation than the resort hotels. There are also a number of bars and restaurants to be found there.
Hiring a car or car sharing is the most popular form of transport to get to the beach and other areas.
- Isola Bella Luxury Villa located in Riviere Noire offers great value self-cater units for 1 – 6 guests. All units have a kitchen, dining area & seating area with TV and 3 bedrooms. Some units have air conditioning and there is an outdoor pool on-site plus garden & bbq. Read more...
- Solstice Kite Villa is located in La Gauletto and is a self-cater 2-bedroom apartment for up to 4 guests and is very good value. It has 1 bedroom, a living area with TV, kitchen and bathroom plus a terrace. Free parking is available and they offer on-site car rental. Read more...
- Star Rating:
Dinarobin Beachcomber Le Morne is a 5-star luxury resort hotel located on the beachfront of the Lagoon in Le Morne. The property features lush tropical gardens, lovely swimming pools, 4 restaurants, a bar and all rooms have a balcony with ocean views. Services include day spa with massage treatments, sauna, gym and a bunch of resort activities. The resort offers Read more...
- Hotel Riu Le Morne is an ADULTS ONLY all inclusive waterfront resort (and it also incorporates Hotel Riu Creole). The resort is the perfect location for for windsurfers with easy access to the lagoon & waves and is just a stone’s-throw up the beach from Club ION Windsurfing Centre. The kitesurf launching areas are also just a little further around Read more...
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach and 1.5km from the windsurfing & kitesurfing launching areas. Situated on a white, sandy Mauritius beach, LUX* Le Morne features 5 pools, a spa and 3 restaurants. Guests can relax in LUX* Me Spa’s Turkish hammam, enjoy a massage or play tennis. Activities offered include kite surfing and snorkeling plus hotel Read more...
- This property is 11 minutes walk from the beach and 3 kms from the kite & windsurfing launching areas. The luxurious Paradis Beachcomber is located on Mauritius’ Le Morne Peninsula. Surrounded by beaches, palm trees and with a large pool, it also features 4 restaurants and an 18-hole championship golf course. Rooms and suites are decorated in natural tones and Read more...
- This five star all inclusive resort is a fifteen minute stroll along the beach to the windsurfing and kitesurfing launch areas. It has its own watersports centre, and has a boat service that takes surfers out to the reef at first light, and a boat service that takes people south to the Windsurf and Kitesurf Centres if they require it. Read more...
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Advanced Wave Sailing
- Small Waves
- Large Waves
- Open Sea
- Moderate Temp Water
- Salt Water
If you have any feedback or would like to contribute some additional information or pictures about this spot please contact us here>>