Rene Egli Kitesurfing Centre
The Rene Egli centre is one of the biggest and best stocked kitesurfing centres in the world! It is located directly beside the tidal lagoon in the palm tree garden of the Hotel Meliã Gorriones.
The centre is always stocked with the newest Cabrinha Kites & Boards; with no less than 350 kites and 120 kiteboards. All setups are available from comfortable freeriding to freestyle.
As the wind here is cross-off shore a good rescue service is essential. The centre has great safety cover with staff ‘spotters’ being replaced every 2 hours. There is always someone looking out for any kitesurfer drifting out to sea, in case a rescue jet ski needs to be despatched.
Kiteboarding instruction takes place in two areas. Beginners and improvers are taught in the safety of the lagoon, whilst the more advanced are taken over ,to the large beach on the open sea in the kite surfing area, where jetskis are used to support the instruction. There is a maximum of 3 pupils per instructor, and the courses follow the internationally recognised IKO teaching method. The centre also operates a well organised rescue service using sentries, life guards and jet skis.
There is also a free shuttle service from the centre to Costa Calma, Esquinzo and Jandía, as well as to the deepest areas of the lagoon for customers of the kite centre.
Kitesurfing Training Lagoon features:
- Fantastic, tidal and shallow water area over 4km long and up to 200m wide
- René Egli is the official and exclusive license holder for lessons in the entire lagoon
- Convenient transfer to prepared equipment at the deepest zones of the lagoon with the Lagoon Shuttle
- The best possible conditions for every level of ability
Kitesurfing Centre features:
Location of centre:
- Idyllic location, protected from the wind in the palm tree garden of the Hotel Meliã Gorriones and Sol Beach House Meliá
- Directly at the (tidal) lagoon
- Spacious kite surfing area for kite sessions near the shore
- The latest Cabrinha equipment – completely renewed every 6-12 months
- Professional board and kite advice
- Rental with the trusted Fixboard system
- Start and landing helpers on the extensive sand beach
- Courses for all levels with licensed instructors
- Storage possibility for private equipment in individually lockable boxes
- Manned supervision rescue-towers for safety
- Sophisticated in-house rescue service
- Air compressors for inflating kites
- Beach-Bar with snacks, coffee and cold drinks
- Free WiFi
- Wind protected sun beds (extra charge)
- Fresh water showers
- Lockers and changing areas
- Sanitary facilities
- Photo service
- Walk from accommodation
- Beach Bar
- Shady Seating Area
- Sun Beds
Other Services & Equipment Rentals
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
If you have any feedback or would like to contribute some additional information or pictures about this spot please contact us here>>