Rene Egli Windsurfing Centre
The Rene Egli windsurfing centre is now the biggest windsurf centre in the world with over 450 boards, and over 1000 sails, all current models.
Located on the 1km beach, the centre is just 200m from the Meliã Gorriones Hotel and the Sol beach House Melia. It is also the venue for the World Cup which takes place in July each year. The 4km long and 200m wide shallow lagoon is tidal and fills up approximately 2 weeks out of every 4.
The centre provides training and courses for beginners and improvers on the lagoon, and for the more advanced on the open sea.
There is also a free shuttle service from Costa Calma, Esquinzo and Jandía, as well as to the areas of the lagoon where the training boards have been setup, as determined by the lagoon depth of water.
Centre Facilities & Services
Facilities include showers, changing rooms, lockers, WCs, sheltered sunbeds (at extra charge) and a beach bar which services drinks and snacks. WiFi is also available free of charge and there is a repair shop at the centre.
There is a full rental and instruction service with a wide choice of the latest equipment from JP, Starboard and Severne Sails. Photo service is also available at the centre along with massage and physiotherapy.
There are safety observers operating under two hour shifts that coordinate life guards on the beach to provide safety supervision for those on the water, and provide a rescue service using jet skis.
SUP boards are available, and for those who are renting equipment they are included free in the rental package. Private storage space is available for those with their own equipment at an additional charge. (This is required to be booked in advance to guarantee availability.)
The Melia Gorriones hotel also has a climbing wall, activity programme and kid’s club in peak times.
Training Lagoon Features:
- Fantastic, tidal and shallow water area over 4km long and up to 200m wide
- René Egli is the official and exclusive license holder for lessons in the entire lagoon
- Convenient transfer to prepared equipment at the deepest zones of the lagoon with the Lagoon Shuttle
- The best possible conditions for every level of ability
Windsurfing Centre features:
- Only 200m distance from the Hotel Meliã Gorriones, and the Sol Beach House at Meliá
- Situated right at the World Cup site and the (tidal) lagoon
- Extensive windsurfing area with excellent conditions for freestyle, slalom and speed
- The latest JP, Starboard and Severne equipment – completely renewed every 6-12 months
- Rental with Rene Eglis’s effective Fixboard system
- Professional board and sail advice
- Courses for all levels with licensed instructors
- Manned supervision rescue-towers for safety
- Sophisticated in-house rescue service
- Coffee and cold water
- Free WiFi
- Wind protected sun beds
- Shady palm tree landscape at the edge of the lagoon by the hotel
- Fresh water showers
- Lockers and changing rooms
- Sanitary facilities
- Photography Services
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Premium Gear Rentals
- Beginners Gear Rentals
- Kids Gear Rentals
- Walk-Up Rentals
- Hourly Rentals
- Advanced Booking Rentals
- Adults Lessons
- Kids Lessons
- Safety Observers
- Rescue Craft
- Photo Service
- Walk from accommodation
- Shady Seating Area
- Sun Beds
- Equipment Washing
- Private Lessons
- Open Ocean
- Small Waves
- Flat Water
- Turquoise Blue
- Warm Water
- Flat Water Blasting
- Bump n Jump
- Small Waves
If you have any feedback or would like to contribute some additional information or pictures about this spot please contact us here>>