Yamba (NSW, Australia)
Wing foiling, windsurfing & kitesurfing at Yamba
Yamba is located on the mid-north coast of NSW, 280km south of Brisbane and 665km north of Sydney.
It offers both flat-water sailing for wind sports enthusiasts as well as wave sailing for those that like the surf.
The climate is mild to hot throughout the year and water temperatures are generally range between 19 and 23 deg C.
The beaches here are sandy and the water clear and blue and the estuaries vary from brackish to crystal clear depending on local rainfall.
Best time for wind in Yamba
The best time of the year for a consistent breeze in Yamba is the warmer summer months from October to March. The predominant wind directions at this time are from the NE & SE with daily sea breezes peaking at around 3pm each day.
Most popular spots for wind sports in Yamba
- Wing foiling & windsurfing at Whiting Beach Yamba Whiting Beach is situated just inside the heads at Yamba on the NSW mid-north coast. This is a great spot for flat water blasting and riding the odd swell coming through the heads. It works best in a NE breeze. If the wind is blowing from the SE, check out The Peninsula. Read more...
- Wing Foiling & Windsurfing at the Peninsula at Yamba When the wind swings around to the SE, this is a good spot for wing foiling and possibly also windsurfing in Yamba. If the wind is blowing from the NE, Whiting Beach is a better option. This lovely secluded beach is dog friendly so you can take your pooch with you. Read more...
- Suited to: KitesurfingBest wind direction:
Kitesurfing at Pippi Beach, Yamba Pippi Beach at Yamba is a popular kitesurfing spot for the locals riding waves. If there is a storm out to sea you can get some good swells here with waves over 2m. Most riders seem to use one direction boards without foot straps. This is a surf beach so it is not really a Read more...
- Windsurfing & Wingfoiling at Iluka Bay Iluka Bay is located near Yamba on the NSW Mid-North Coast. The bay is very protected and is ideal for beginners. It works best in a S breeze and the water is pretty smooth. At low tide there are a few sandbars around that foilers need to watch for. Read more...
Where To Stay
Yamba has a good selection of caravan/camping parks, apartment complexes, motels & private rentals.
- Star Rating:
The Calypso Yamba Holiday Park is located on the river-front and right in the centre of Yamba, walking distance to it’s restaurants, bars & shopping. The park has a limited number of water-front camping sites, mostly un-powdered and also has powered sites & villas/cabins. Half of the park is dog friendly (which is nearest the Whiting Beach launching spot). The Read more...
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Family Friendly
- Some Nightlife
- Easy Access
- Accommodation Nearby
- Cheap Accommodation
- Solo Male Traveler
- Solo Female Traveler
- Family With Infant(s)
- Family With Young Children
- Family With Teenager(s)
- Male Group
- Female Group
- Mixed Group
- Flat Water
- Warm Water
- Sandy Beach
- Beach Swimming
- Mountain Bike Riding
- Day Spas
New South Wales
If you have any feedback or would like to contribute some additional information or pictures about this spot please contact us here>>