Manawa, Le Morne (Mauritius)
Manawa is located at the most exposed point of Mauritius right on the south west tip of the land mass. It therefore receives the biggest swell, and because the wave breaks into a deep channel, the face of the wave is less steep, and the wave tends to crumble rather than throw you forward. It is an easy wave to ride, but can get very big due to its location. The wind is cross offshore from the right when riding the wave.
Le Morne Accommodation
There are a number of all inclusive resorts in Le Morne, which although not cheap, are located extremely close to the windsurfing and kitesurfing centres and launch areas. They all have beachside locations.
Those that want to save money can stay in the pensions that are fairly close by. They are used to catering to windsurfers, surfers and kiters.
La Gaulette is one such place. This is a sleepy fishing village that is ten minutes' drive from Le Morne and has cheaper accommodation than the resort hotels. There are also a number of bars and restaurants to be found there.
Hiring a car or car sharing is the most popular form of transport to get to the beach and other areas.
- Isola Bella Luxury Villa located in Riviere Noire offers great value self-cater units for 1 – 6 guests. All units have a kitchen, dining area & seating area with TV and 3 bedrooms. Some units have air conditioning and there is an outdoor pool on-site plus garden & bbq. Read more...
- Solstice Kite Villa is located in La Gauletto and is a self-cater 2-bedroom apartment for up to 4 guests and is very good value. It has 1 bedroom, a living area with TV, kitchen and bathroom plus a terrace. Free parking is available and they offer on-site car rental. Read more...
- Star Rating:
Dinarobin Beachcomber Le Morne is a 5-star luxury resort hotel located on the beachfront of the Lagoon in Le Morne. The property features lush tropical gardens, lovely swimming pools, 4 restaurants, a bar and all rooms have a balcony with ocean views. Services include day spa with massage treatments, sauna, gym and a bunch of resort activities. The resort offers Read more...
- Hotel Riu Le Morne is an ADULTS ONLY all inclusive waterfront resort (and it also incorporates Hotel Riu Creole). The resort is the perfect location for for windsurfers with easy access to the lagoon & waves and is just a stone’s-throw up the beach from Club ION Windsurfing Centre. The kitesurf launching areas are also just a little further around Read more...
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach and 1.5km from the windsurfing & kitesurfing launching areas. Situated on a white, sandy Mauritius beach, LUX* Le Morne features 5 pools, a spa and 3 restaurants. Guests can relax in LUX* Me Spa’s Turkish hammam, enjoy a massage or play tennis. Activities offered include kite surfing and snorkeling plus hotel Read more...
- This property is 11 minutes walk from the beach and 3 kms from the kite & windsurfing launching areas. The luxurious Paradis Beachcomber is located on Mauritius’ Le Morne Peninsula. Surrounded by beaches, palm trees and with a large pool, it also features 4 restaurants and an 18-hole championship golf course. Rooms and suites are decorated in natural tones and Read more...
- This five star all inclusive resort is a fifteen minute stroll along the beach to the windsurfing and kitesurfing launch areas. It has its own watersports centre, and has a boat service that takes surfers out to the reef at first light, and a boat service that takes people south to the Windsurf and Kitesurf Centres if they require it. Read more...
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Advanced Wave Sailing
- Small Waves
- Large Waves
- Open Sea
- Moderate Temp Water
- Salt Water
If you have any feedback or would like to contribute some additional information or pictures about this spot please contact us here>>